Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Spine and Back Health

Upper Back Pain



I have a irritating pain in my upper back. When I go to the doctor I can never really touch where the pain is because its in the inside. When I recently starting back jogging the pain become severe and it hurts worse when I breathe in deep. Its got to a point now where it feels like something is going wrong with the whole left side of my body. My lower back is starting to hurt the same way. My the back of my leg hurts like behind the knee all the way up to my buttocks and it also tingle in the front sometime and it also goes numb very easily. Sometimes I have a tingle in my arm. Where ever I touch In my chest hurts in my back. I want to know what are these symptoms a sign of or what is going on? What type of doctor I should go to?


Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. You should start by seeing your primary care provider, and if you don't get any answers you should request referral to a back specialist. Take care.

For more information:

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University