Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Kidney Diseases

Kidney Problems



I have been called by my doctor saying she is refering me to a nephrologist becuase I have severe kidney enlargement and possible duplication of collecting systems. Can you explain to me what this means?


Sounds like you were born with this. This may be a normal variation. What needs to be done, if anything, depends on your prior history of kidney/bladder problems and your current renal function.

For more information:

Go to the Kidney Diseases health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Thomas   Zipp, MD Thomas Zipp, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University