Ear infection?

02/03/2010

Question:

Hi there, I have recently got an ear infection from a piercing and I have been on antibiotics for a week. My ear didn`t hurt inside before i started to take the medication. Now behind my ear doesn`t hurt anymore and my lobe isn`t infected anymore i dont belive but is still tender. However, the inside of my ear is hurting really bad now and it is almost plugged or something like i am on an airplane and cant seem to pop it. Should i go back to the doctor??

Answer:

Yes.  A visit to your physician should determine whether you have debris blocking your ear canal or a further infection.

Ravi N Samy, MD, FACS Ravi N Samy, MD, FACS
Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Skull Base Surgery Fellowship, Director of Adults Cochlear Implantation Program

Allen M Seiden, MD Allen M Seiden, MD
Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Division of Rhinology and Sinus Disorders, Director of University Taste and Smell Center, Director of University Sinus and Allergy