Depression

Depression Anxiety? I Dont Know

03/01/2010

Question:

Hello there, i am a guy in my early twenties, i loved learning i love chemistry, maths ,physics , computer science, hacking ^o^, and lately astronomy and cosmology i have spent most of my life online, and literaly living inside it. Now lately i feel so empty i realized i had no friends, no girl friends no love and my family are away.

Lately i feel so depressed and having bad dreams of me killing myself, i can hardly breath after waking up for couple of minutes i feel my chest hurts too.

Sometimes i literaly can not sleep at home i must go to the desert (yes i am in egypt) and sleep there.

I really have no idea of what to do, i want to be like the other 22yrs normal guys.

thx

Answer:

Reply You are describing a set of symptoms that may be consistent with major depression. You should go to your primary care doctor for an evaluation, because you may also have some other problem contributing to these symptoms. Talk with your doctor about treatment and possibly a referral to a mental health specialist if necessary.

Go to the Depression health topic, where you can:

Lawson  Wulsin, MD Lawson Wulsin, MD
Professor of Psychiatry and Family Medicine, Training Director of the Family Medicine Psychiatry Residency Program