Urinary Disorders

UTI with Kidney Stone

I have a had many Urinary Tract Infections. Recently had pain in the the lower left pelvic area . A LOT of bright red blood and bruning during urinating. I have had blood in the unrine for at least 7 days. The infection is gone now, and so is the blood. I have an appointment in a month with a urologist. I also have a 6mm kidney stone in CTSCAN stated: There is a non-obstructing calulus seen in the lower pole of the left kidney. Still have a little pain in the lower left pelvic area (bladder) but all other problems gone.

Do you any ideas to what this might be? Thank You

The discomfort may be residual from the UTI. Because of the blood that you saw in the urine and the fact there is a non-obstructing stone in the kidney, it is important to be seen by a urologist to get a more complete history and physical examination as well as to plan for further evaluation.

Go to the Urinary Disorders health topic, where you can:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology