Parkinson's Disease

Tremors

02/18/2010

Question:

I have had tremors in legs weakness and tremors in fingers arm hands and head over the past 6 months I also have experienced unusual pains in rib back and sensitibvty to heat rashes etc,I found things got worse instead of easing,these past few days I seem to be a bit better although left side is not right period. I have not been diagnosed and I am wondering if I have Parkinsons do one get a few days where they dont shake etc

Answer:

This forum is not intended to make a diagnosis. The cardinal features of Parkinson's disease include: 1) Slow or small movements 2) Tremor (usually at rest when the limbs are not active) 3) Rigidity (increased muscle tone) 4) Postural instability or loss of balance. A diagnosis of Parkinson's disease is based the presence of these symptoms and appropriate relevant history. I suggest you discuss your symptoms further with you doctor.

Go to the Parkinson's Disease health topic, where you can:

Punit  Agrawal, DO Punit Agrawal, DO
Assistant Professor of Neurology