Spine and Back Health

Cervicogenic Headaches

03/04/2010

Question:

I have been suffering with cervicogenic headaches for approx 5 years. I have done MRI of the cervical spine and I have minor disk bulges at c5-6 and c6-7. I have been for physio and traction, I am taking a dose of 25mg trepiline and 2 doses of lyrica a day with no luck to stopping the headaches. Please advise what I can do.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, we try to answer general questions about health but cannot diagnose or recommend treatment. You appear to have some very, very specific questions about your condition, which can only be answered properly by a physician who is familiar with your history, physical exam, and test results. Your questions about the testing results you've been given or the risks, benefits, and alternatives for proposed treatments of this condition need to be directed to your treating physician(s). You should insist that they answer these questions in a way that you are able to understand before consenting to any treatment. If your physician is unable to help you understand these issues, you should get a second opinion. Take care.

Go to the Spine and Back Health health topic, where you can:

David J Hart, MD David J Hart, MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery