Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Materials Used for Braces



I have had braces for the last 3 1/2 years, almost 4. When I would go to the dentist, they would place a circular like wire on top of the brackets and attach the `hook` to the wire. What is this called?


Sounds like a Kobayashi tie.

For more information:

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Mark G Hans, DDS, MSD Mark G Hans, DDS, MSD
Professor of Orthodontics
School of Dental Medicine
Case Western Reserve University