Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Dental and Oral Health (Seniors)




I`ve stopped taking actenol for three months. My dentist tells me I need an extraction. Can he take it out or do I need to go to an oral surgeon?


Do you mean Actonel? Three months seems to be a reasonable time, but I will recommend you to consult an oral surgeon or periodontist. They have more experience with patients taking this kind of medications, and can definitely handle complications in a better way.

For more information:

Go to the Dental and Oral Health (Seniors) health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Alfredo  Hernandez, DDS, MS Alfredo Hernandez, DDS, MS
Assistant Professor of Comprehensive Care
School of Dental Medicine
Case Western Reserve University