Diabetes

Strange Symptoms

04/12/2010

Question:

I am a type II and the last several days I have been getting this strange tingling/brief numbness over my body. I then get light headed, dizzy and somteimes pain in my chest. It doesn`t last long, but, it seems to just come in waves. Like the ocean at the beach, the water goes in and out. This is the pattern that I am experiencing with these symptoms. My sugars range from 180-200 in the morning to 130-160 in the afternoon.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. NetWellness cannot make diagnoses or recommend therapy.  Your symptoms sound like they may warrant urgent evaluation to assess whether there is an emergency situation.  We would encourage you to contact your primary care provider or your local emergency care source without delay to provide an assessment of your situation in the context of a provider-patient relationship.  

Go to the Diabetes health topic, where you can:

Robert M Cohen, MD Robert M Cohen, MD
Professor of Clinical Medicine