Gynecology

Ovarian Cyst(7cm)

04/12/2010

Question:

My Daughter is 3yrs old , but she was diagnosed with a Ovarian cyst measuring 7cm during my 8th month prenatal scan.... Due to the risk of torsion we underwent a surgery at 35th day after her birth .After surgery... the cystic ovary was removed and sent to LAB test and we got it confirmed as ovarian cyst.Now she has only one ovary..she is healthy by weight... but she falls sick every month... what are the things i need to keep in mind to bring her up as healthy child ..n will she be fine with one ovary... and my other concern is i am planning for my second pregnancy.. will i develop same complication with second child.. or is there any check up i need to make.. before second pregnancy..

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org