Allergies

Stomach Bloating and Swelling of Hands..

04/28/2010

Question:

For the past week I have been bloated in and around my belly area. It looks like I am 7 to 9 months pregnant. The bloating hurts real bad to where I can`t bend over and tie my shoes and I waddle because it hurts to walk normal. No I am not pregnant and my period came and went. Also when I wake in the morning my hands are so swollen that I can`t even put my wedding ring on. The bloating and swelling lasts throughout the day. I do have seasonal allergies and I take Zertec to help and prescription strength Motrin (800mg) for other aches and pains. No my diet has not changed and I drink plenty of fluids throughout the day. Allergy season has been real bad this year due to the cold and wet winter. Could what I am experiencing be allergies or something else. Help it hurts even to type this. Thank you.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Go to the Allergies health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org