Experiencing Swallowing Disorders

05/17/2010

Question:

Attention: Dr. Michael Wolfe I read with interest your article "Foreign body sensation in the throat due to displacement of the superior cornu of the thyroid cartilage: two cases a a literature review." The Journal of Laryngology & Otology, 120. pp. I endured trauma to the top of the head. Shortly after I experienced a clicking sound in the left parietal area, a bumpy sensation when I swallow, and crunchy noises in the ear and neck. I received several osteopathic treatments which reduced the noises in the neck. However the osteopath is at a loss as to how to improve the swallowing dysfunction. Is it possible for Dr. Wolfe to provide the name and telephone number of any specialist to address my swallowing complaint? Perhaps a ENT who specializes in swallow dysfuntion (or other specialist), since I am uncertain if such a specialist can be found in Canada? I appreciate any information you may have. Thank you. It is much appreciated. Sincerely

Answer:

The university program in Toronto has a very good head and neck (ENT) program. You may also use the directory listed below to find an ENT in Canada.

American Academy of Otolaryngology - Find an ENT

Allen M Seiden, MD Allen M Seiden, MD
Professor of Otolaryngology, Director of Division of Rhinology and Sinus Disorders, Director of University Taste and Smell Center, Director of University Sinus and Allergy