Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Prostate Cancer

Female Doctor



My primary doctor is female.  She specializes in Internal Medicine, Medicine Care Emphases: Anticoagulation, Cardiology, Lipid Disorders, Pulmonary Medicine, Preventive Cardiology.

I was told she was an excellent doctor by my cardiologist after I complained to him about my dissatisfaction with my then doctor. That was in 2006.

I have been seeing her for diabetes, cholesterol and heart issues since then. During this time I have not had the usual exams that I always had with male doctors. Not that I miss them, but I am just wondering if I have the wrong doctor as my one and only doctor.


It should not matter whether your primary physician is male or female. You should discuss any urologic history and symptoms you have with your physician. Periodic urologic examination is reasonable depending on age, etc. This can be done by the primary physician or referred to a urologist.

For more information:

Go to the Prostate Cancer health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University