Pulmonary Hypertension

Chest Pains

07/05/2010

Question:

I have rheumatiod arthritis and pulmonary hypertension. I have chest pain next to my breast bone and on both of my shoulder blades. Three doctors told me it was my RA but I don`t think that it is. My RA don`t normaly react this way. The pain in my chest I have had before from my RA but it don`t normaly last 2.5 months and I never had it in my shoulder blades before. I just don`t think it is my RA. How bad does the PH have to be to get chest pains? Could the chst pains be the first symptom of PH. They found that I had it by doing an echo for something else. I went to the ER and they checked out my heart and all that was fine. I just want the chest and shoulder blade pain to stop.

Answer:

Chest pain can be a symptom of pulmonary hypertension and many other conditions. I would suggest that you discuss your echo report with your doctor. 

Go to the Pulmonary Hypertension health topic, where you can:

Namita   Sood, MD, FCCP Namita Sood, MD, FCCP
Associate Professor of Pulmonary, Critical Care & Sleep