Swollen Wrist No Pain, Tingle or Numbness

06/02/2010

Question:

I have had numbing and tingling in my baby finger for about a month on and off. This morning I noticed that my wrist is swollen, very soft, where it bends on same side of baby finger. The hand and wrist have no pain just numbing and tingling. What could it possibly be and when should I see a doctor? I do not have health insurance until the end of June so if I do not have to go yet I would prefer not to.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms.

The US Department of Health and Human Services Bureau of Primary Health Care has a directory that will help you find a clinic that will give you medical, including dental care, even if you have no medical insurance or money.

Coverage For All.org also contains information about free medical care and programs in your area.

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org