Gum Diseases

Gum Problem.

06/15/2010

Question:

i am 18 years old and i brush my teeth daily, and do not eat anything out of the ordinary. But for some reason a few months after i turned 18 i developed a black spot on my gums between my 2 front teeth. now i`ve read all the other Q&A`s and my gums do not hurt, they don`t bleed, nothing hurts in my mouth. and brushing my gums does not get rid of it. as you can tell this is somewhat of unsightly since it`s in the front of my mouth. I don`t have a ton of money to go to a special doctor for this, so i figured this would be the best place to look.

I started to have this a few months after my wisdom teeth were removed, and i also work at a healthcare facility.

Answer:

Did you have orthodontic treatment when you were younger? I think that you are talking about a black space forming between your front teeth. This may be due teeth shifting around. In your case, this may be the reason since you just had wisdom teeth extracted.

I recommend you to see at least the dentist who took care of wisdom teeth. I cannot give more details without actually seeing you.  

Go to the Gum Diseases health topic, where you can:

Binnaz   Leblebicioglu, DDS, MS, PhD Binnaz Leblebicioglu, DDS, MS, PhD
Associate Professor of Periodontology