Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Straighten Top Teeth



I have a lateral incisor on the palate of my mouth, so I have a space in the area in which it should be and my central incisors are not directly in the center of my face. So I was wondering what treatment could be recommended aside from orthodontic? * I was thinking of seeing if I could get the place filled with a flipper or something, however I wanted to get my central incisors more toward the center of my face since they`ve shifted.


I sense you want a quick fix, but this is an important decision for you. The key here is where in the palate is the lateral lncisor located and how difficult will it be to bring the tooth, and more importantly, the root into the proper position. Bear in mind that the lateral has to function with the lower front teeth. I don't think you will find anyone who would advocate putting a flipper in this situation. If you have the lateral extracted, then you face the future costs of an implant. Please think long-term here, and I see no option to orthodontics.

For more information:

Go to the Braces health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS Walter C Buchsieb, DDS, MS
Professor Emeritus - Clinical, Associate of Dentistry
College of Dentistry
The Ohio State University