Athletic Training

Grinding Elbows

10/28/2010

Question:

my elbows grind its very painful when,I sleep at night kindu like,i would hit someone in my sleep my elbows pop out and makes a loud grinding noise should,i be checked out it gets to the point where,i want to cry,i fell last winter and broke my ankle good my grinding elbows have something to do with that?dr. wont listen to you about the pain what can,I do?

Answer:

I am sorry to hear about your ongoing issues with your elbows. The elbow pain is most probably unrelated to your ankle fracture unless you fell on your elbows when you broke your ankle. Joints can make loud noises, but when they are associated with pain you may want to have it evaluated to determine the source of the problem. 

I would mention it again to your physician and let him/her know that this is painful and bothersome to you and ask what can they do to further evaluate this problem. Hopefully, you will be able to figure out the source of your pain and be on the road to recovery soon!

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Janine   Oman, MS, PT/ATC Janine Oman, MS, PT/ATC
Assistant Athletic Director
Instructor at the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences