Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Women's Health

Surgical Menopause



Please help me locate a doctor who specializes in menopause. I live in Atlanta, GA. I had major surgery that caused me to go into surgical menopause and the doctor I currently see seems to not care. Please help me through this terrible life change.



There is no listing of doctors (that I know of) who specialize in Menopause. BUT even if there were, the doctors who DO specialize in menopause usually do NOT focus on surgical menopause, but on "natural" menopause. So, I would suggest that you contact gynecology practices and ask for someone who cares for women who have had surgical menopause.  Best wishes.

For more information:

Go to the Women's Health health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Linda A Bernhard, PhD, RN Linda A Bernhard, PhD, RN
Professor Emeritus
College of Nursing
The Ohio State University