Tingling or Vibrating Sensation in Legs

I have tingling/vibrating sensation fron knees down to ankels in both legs. I feel this especially while I am waking up after a nap or in the morning. I have had disc surgery ten years ago when my sciatica was severly pinching on the right side. Since then I had neck surgery three years ago due to compressed discs. Both back as well as neck conditions, however, caused radiating pain which was different from the sensation I am now having. When I am having tingling, I also feel like my muscles are being stretched. I am 72 years old male. I also take Atenolol for high blood pressure, plavix and crestor for high cholesterol and thyroxin for hypo thyroid, all in moderate doses.

Thank you for contacting NetWellness. Your symptoms do not appear to be sports-related, and the "Spine and Back Health" Topic area is not currently accepting questions.

You are best advised to consult with your primary care physician and/or your spine surgeon, who can perform a physical examination and determine if/which diagnostic studies would be helpful to clarify the basis for your symptoms and ideally treat their cause.

Brian L Bowyer, MD Brian L Bowyer, MD
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation