Digestive Disorders

Pain in Upper Right Abdomen and Back

I have been suffering from abdominal pain for a few months now. The pain was a sudden on set and is located in upper middle part of my stomach and at times it is both my stomach and lower middle to right of my back. After a meal I have a very difficult time digesting my food. It feels like the food just sit in my stomach and I have to be very careful so that I do not regurgitate. My meals are small but it feel like I have eaten several meals at once.

I was hospitalized for three day with severe abdominal pain. The pain felt like spasm which would come every fifteen second and last for about 30 seconds. I have had a CT Scans, Ultrasounds, Nucelar Scan and an Endoscope. The Endoscope showed that I have minimal gastritis and the other test were normal. The doctor also sent a sample of the gastritis bacteria to the pathology lab and the result was negative. I have also had a HIDA scan and it came back normal. I have had so many test and they all just keep coming back negative. The doctors keep telling me there on a dead end road. What else could this pain be coming from? I also have minamul therdic syodisis of the spine. Could the two of these be cause my pain? Minimal gastritis and the therodic?

Can minimal gastritis cause this problem?

It is difficult when all tests come out negative. May be a form of irritable bowel but I do not feel the gastritis is the cause. I do not know what your spine problem is so I cannot say if it has anything to do with your abdominal pain. The only thing I can think of is poor blood supply or intestinal migraines which is very difficult to diagnosis let alone treat.

Go to the Digestive Disorders health topic, where you can:

Annette  Kyprianou, MD Annette Kyprianou, MD
Senior Clinical Instructor of Medicine