Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Tissue Deteriorating in the Body



yes my question is that i have a friend and she is about 24 years old and the doctors cant find out what is wrong with her. they have a theroy that she has sarcoidosis. it has been two cases here in c`ville and one has died from missed diagnos and the other for right now is paralized trying to learn how to walk and hold things.could you give me a little information on my friend would this be a sign with her tissues in her body deteriating and it has stared on he liver and kidney please respond soon as possible.


Dear Sir/Madam-

The diagnosis of sarcoidosis usually requires a biopsy of the affected tissue to determine if the disease is present and to exclude other possibilities. The doctors caring for your friend can refer her for further testing if they are unsure of the diagnosis. 

Your friend also has the option to seek a second opinion if she is not satisfied with the answers she is getting from her current doctors. 

For more information:

Go to the Sarcoidosis health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Elliott D Crouser, MD Elliott D Crouser, MD
Associate Professor of Pulmonary, Allergy, Critical Care & Sleep Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University