Irritated Skin Leaking Yellow Fluid?

02/21/2011

Question:

For the past couple of weeks, I`ve had an irritation or something of the sort between the top of my left ear and my head where my glasses sit. The area is leaking a clear yellowish fluid that crusts when it dries. Occasionally, the area will bleed very slightly as well. It`s also very itchy. I tend to get acne on my scalp and neck, and I believe that this spot was acne that got irritated, but I`m not entirely sure. Any input on what this thing is would help!

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. On this site, NetWellness experts try to answer general questions about health. Only a health professional performing a thorough clinical exam is able to evaluate your symptoms. However, NetWellness may have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Our Answer Policy

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org