Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Bleeding and Clotting Disorders

Blood Clot



My dad has been told he has a blood clot at the back of his head. hes very scared and not sure what the doctors will do in hospital. can you give me some advice on how they might depose of the clot


While it is hard to give specific advice, generally blood thinners are used to stop the formation of blood clots. The body itself will slowly dissolve the clots in most cases over time. If you have any more specific questions I would encourage you to talk to your father's physician.  

Best wishes.

For more information:

Go to the Bleeding and Clotting Disorders health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Spero R Cataland, MD Spero R Cataland, MD
Associate Professor of Clinical Internal Medicine
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University