Multiple problems

05/05/2011

Question:

Hi, I had earlier posted a query that my father is having pain in his tongue and the color of the same has also changed. Now the ENT says that its due to the deficiency of vitamins and have given some pain killers too. But non of them is working. ENT is also saying that there is some fluid in the middle ear. I am not able to get how these problems can be interrelated. If not, what should be the correct diagnosis of tongue pain.

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. Your questions may be best answered by your father's specialist who has actually examined him. Part of his care is communication with the provider to make sure he understands any treatment options or treatment being rendered. Please contact yourfather's care provider with any questions or concerns regarding the care they are providing.

All patients deserve to understand their diagnoses. You should always feel free to ask for clarification when needed.

Our Answer Policy

Sore Tongue

Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
School of Dental Medicine