Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Skin Cancer




I have had a squamos cell on my hand. I have a basil cell on my temple to be removed. I biopsy on the bridge of my nose is pre cancer. Getting more places on my nose. What kind of specialist do I need? I am going to a dermatologist. Do I need a cancer center or a professional to take care of this? Is there a method that can detect places or do I just wait until they show up?


You need to continue to see your dermatologist. You can discuss different therapies (creams or light treatments) that you may be able to use to help decrease the number of pre-cancers you are getting. If you get a basal cell or squamous cell carcinoma on your face you may need a Mohs Micrographic Surgeon accredited by the American College of Mohs Surgeons.

Related Resources:

Mohs Surgery - A Treatment For Skin Cancer

For more information:

Go to the Skin Cancer health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jeremy S Bordeaux, MD, MPH Jeremy S Bordeaux, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Dermatology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University