Saturday, August 1, 2015
I feel in my mouth sweet taste.I do not smoke.2 years before checked diabetase nill.Pls advise me.
There could be a couple cause related to your taste disturbance.
- Have you had a head cold recently?
- Do you have a history of sinus problems? Or sinus infections?
- Do you use lip balms (Chap stick)? Or facial creams or colognes that get close to you mouth or nose?
- Are you on any medications (prescribed or over the counter meds)?
- Have you recently changed your toothpaste or mouth rinse?
- Sweet taste could be related to entrapped food in broken down dentition. Periodontal disease can alter taste as can salivary pH. Also taste can be altered with new dental restorations.
When was you last physical? When was your last dental examination?
As you can see there are a number of possible a scenario that could affect taste, and that does not include neurological causes.
Thus, I would strongly recommend that you have this problem evaluated by both your primary care provider and dentist, in order to rule out the possibility of more serious problems.
Richard J Jurevic, DDS, PhD
Formerly, Assistant Professor of Biological Sciences
School of Dental Medicine
Case Western Reserve University