Athletic Training

Problem with my Elbow (Weightlifter)

09/06/2011

Question:

dear expert,

hi wish u good health.I`m 20 years old man besides I`m a body builder one day I chnaged my routine with triceps exercise I started with Triceps extension Usually its the third i noticed a little of strange feeling in between the lower triceps and the elbow.

I spent 3 weeks with different treatment hot water , cold towels , creams and anti inflammation drugs sure non steroids so nothing changed now I Need Ur advice

forgot I cut exercises effect that place or at least lower the weight .I took a rest for 4 days with massaging the area .

thankful rero

Answer:

It sounds as though you are still experiencing symptoms even with taking time off and using heat, cold, and anti-inflammatories without effect, if I read your question correctly. 

Does the strange feeling include pain or numbness and tingling? How much are these symptoms impacting your daily routine? If you are unable to continue with your weightlifting workout with all the above treatments, I would recommend a visit to your local sports medicine health care provider for a thorough evaluation and institution of a treatment plan to get you back to the activities you enjoy. Good Luck!

Go to the Athletic Training health topic, where you can:

Janine   Oman, MS, PT/ATC Janine Oman, MS, PT/ATC
Assistant Athletic Director
Instructor at the School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences