Since 1995 - Non Profit Healthcare Advice

Seeking 2nd opinion



I was recently diagnosed with DVTs in both calfs. I am being treated by my Internist who is also a cardilogist. Who should I see for a second opinion?


I am not clear from your question what it is you seek a second opinion on. You should receive ~ 6 months of anticoagulation with Coumadin. If there is a question regarding long-term use, in general you should seek a consultation with a hematologist to review the scenario in which you developed the clot and assess whether you have an underlying propensity to clot.

For more information:

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic.