Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Catheter Fitting in an Inverted Penis



My 85 year old father has incontinence problems. He also suffers from an inverted penis. I believe a catheter may help but cannot get a definative yes or no as to whether it can be done or not. Can you help?

Thank you


A catheter can most likely be placed. You should discuss the pros and cons of a chronic catheter with his physcian. The catheter may be the most practical option but can also be associated with urinary tract infections.

For more information:

Go to the Incontinence health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Donald R Bodner, MD Donald R Bodner, MD
Professor of Urology
School of Medicine
Case Western Reserve University