Exercise and Fitness

Back Fat

I am 18yrs old boy with weight of 70kg and height 5`11".i have a fat collected at my back on upper rightside.it looks like a hump on my back.I feel embarass when anyone tease me.I want to get rid of it.suggest me something?

Calculating your weight in pounds with your height, you don’t appear to be overweight. However, you could still have a high percentage of body fat. The thing that concerns me is that you have a fat pocket only on the upper right side of your back. This is atypical and there could be some medical conditions causing this. I would get examined by a physician right away and rule out any possible medical issues. It may be something that medicine or a quick procedure could fix easily. 

Once your doctor has ruled out any health issues or causes, then I would recommend doing 30 to 45 minutes of cardio at least four times per week along with strength training. Focus on that area of your back twice a week or every 48 hours, depending on how much resistance you use, post-workout soreness, etc. Exercises such as back flies, over handed, mid-grip and underhanded rows, lat pull downs, back extensions, and prone superman exercises can all be done to help strengthen and tone your back and supporting muscles. Perform 1-2 sets of 10-20 reps depending on your current fitness level and amount of weight used. Start slow and work your way up. 

I have trained a few clients with similar fat pockets and it actually turned out to be more of a medical issue, such as skeletal misalignment in the cervical/thoracic spine, hormonal/chemical imbalances or benign cysts, so be sure to ask your physician about it before beginning the exercise program. The solution may be simpler than you think. 

Go to the Exercise and Fitness health topic, where you can:

Brandi  Hester Janowiecki, BSc Brandi Hester Janowiecki, BSc
Coordinator Fitness and Wellness
Fitness Center at CARE\Crawley