Thyroid Diseases

My thyroid test result says that my TSH level is 6.7 and my t4 and t3 is in normal range. I want to ask if I need to take medicine for few weeks or for life long?  My doctor saying I don`t need medicine, but I feel depression, cold and fatigue. Can you advise me please? Thank you.

It is possible, but not likely, that your symptoms are related to this minimal abnormality in your thyroid blood tests. It would be reasonable to give you some thyroid hormone for a few months to see if you felt any better. If you didn't feel any better then I would stop it and just recheck your blood tests every 6 months or so to see if they get worse. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you felt exactly the same on thyroid pills as you do now. I suspect that your symptoms are due to something else and not your thyroid.

Go to the Thyroid Diseases health topic, where you can:

Thomas A Murphy, MD, FACP, FACE Thomas A Murphy, MD, FACP, FACE