Since 1995 - Non Profit Healthcare Advice

How to Correct Clogged Arteries in the Penis?



I`m a 53 year old male with ED. I was using injections which worked very well. I believe that my type 2 diabetes has either did somthing to my circulation or the arteries that supply blood are blocked. Can surgery be done to unclog or reroute blood flow in the penis so that a full erecton can be achieved or are prothesis the only thing available?


Unfortunately, erectile dysfunction related to diabetes is multifactorial. Reduced circulation, loss of elasticity of the tissue and neuropathy are few to mention. Revascularization of the organ has gained limited support for its lack of accepted positive result. Penile implant is an excellent option if medical or mechanical (vacuum device) therapy is no longer effective.

For more information:

Go to the Erectile Dysfunction (ED) health topic.