Since 1995 - Non Profit Healthcare Advice

Re: prolonged menstrual cycle



I am a woman 39 years old and this month I have been two weeks now on my menstrual cycle should I go to the doctor , this has never happed before I have been doing some well alot of heavy lifting while on my period would this have anything to do with me being on my period so long.


An atypically long or irregular cycle is expected every now and then. You should only seek medical care should it recur. If you are still bleeding after two weeks, your doctor may be able to help shorten this cycle and determine if other causes should be looked into. It is not likely that your bleeding is related to your heaving lifting. 

For more information:

Go to the Gynecology health topic.