Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children)

Inverted Penis

01/05/2010

Question:

My son was born with a normal size penis. As he grew, and got chubby, his penis seemed to invert. He is now 9, and he`s a big boy -- about 90 pounds. When he goes to the bathroom, his penis is out, when he wakes up it is erect, but when he undresses or sits it is inverted. I am very concerned that he will be made fun of. Will it begin to normalize once he gets bigger and loses the fat? Right now, it does seem small for his age, but I`ve been assured by a pediatrician and a urologist that he will be just fine and it`s normal. Is it?

Answer:

Thank you for visiting NetWellness. A question similar to yours has been previously addressed. The links below will connect you to that information. NetWellness may also have some general information available that you can access through our search feature. Feel free to write back if you still have questions or need an explanation.

Inverted Penis
Penis Size

Go to the Urinary and Genital Disorders (Children) health topic, where you can:

NetWellness Staff
NetWellness.org