Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook

Vascular Surgery

Pain and Tightness from Scar or Surgery



Hi Dr Jean, Is there anyway I can get someone to save me? I have a daughter to bring up and this is torture. Everyday I have to live for her but my room for pain is limited. Obviously since this is so close to throat what are the options. 2nd I meant they retied my juggular vein. Where the pins are you can feel they enlarge with blood flow, excitement or pain so it seems. I have had so many evaluations and all I get is go back to surgeon or I can`t help u. When pain becomes so great and you have been hospitalized for so called feelings that will not hurt me I was told , in mental ward and your blood pressure is over 100 bottom reading and your heart is enlarged, indicates its more then a feeling it is what it is a problem. How do I find someone to address it. Is it better to let myself die from stroke and shaking and pain and tightness, Can`t a plastic surgeon work with a vascular specialist to make my life more comfortable? I just want to stop choking. Maybe not literally but quality of life feels like it right near my throat. Can I see you? Would you try to help? Can I fax you my records. Is it to personal to ask if you can save my families life literally?


Your pain is quite unusual and requires the evaluation of a pain therapist, if a vascular surgeon has already ruled out a vascular problem. I would advise that you seek follow-up care from a local physician.

Best wishes.

For more information:

Go to the Vascular Surgery health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jean  E Starr, MD Jean E Starr, MD
Clinical Associate Professor of Vascular Surgery
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University