Home HealthTopics Health Centers Reference Library Research
Join us on Facebook Join us on Facebook Share on Facebook


Vaginal Problem



I`m a 30 year old female that has been married (and faithful) for 8 years and have a 7 year old child. About two years ago I noticed a small, painless, flesh colored, bump about the size of the pointed end of a pencil on the inside of my vagina, about a half inch from where the hair starts near the top. There are normal pores ( I guess that`s what they`re called) all around the area and I didn`t think much about it. I see a gynecologist every year for a pap and she told me it was only a clogged pore, nothing to worry about. It`s still there and I guess I`m just being self-conscious but I would like a second opinion. I can`t find anything about clogged vaginal pores on the internet or anything related. Could this be something more? The gynecologist didn`t do any kind of test, other than a pap. Should I request a STD test? Thank you in advance.


There are many kinds of harmless growths that can occur on the skin of the genital area. Depending on the appearance and location, the lesion may be an inclusion cyst (like a clogged pore), a skin tag (formally known as an acrochordon), a nevus or mole, or a hymenal remnant.

Although some lesions can be more significant, like a genital wart or a malignant growth, such problems usually have risk factors or symptoms that you do not mention.

The only way to give you an accurate diagnosis is through a physical exam. Although a biopsy is necessary when the diagnosis is in question, a gynecologist who told you it is nothing to worry about is probably right.

For more information:

Go to the Gynecology health topic, where you can:

Response by:

Jonathan  A Schaffir, MD Jonathan A Schaffir, MD
Clnical Associate Professor of Obstetrics & Gynecology
College of Medicine
The Ohio State University